Followers

I make cookies for people. People love my cookies. I want to chronicle my cookies as the following happens:

1. New friends eat cookies for the first time...

2. Old friends get cookies again...

3. People ask about the cookies...

By the way, I cannot eat my cookies. I am gluten intolerant.

These cookies are all about you...

I do not have cookie experiences everyday, but for the 3-4 days a week when something MAGICAL happens, I would like to share it with all of you...

Love, Jeanne








Tuesday, September 24, 2024

When my husband is deployed, the USO helps us stay connected

For military families like mine, your support makes a real difference. ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏    ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏    ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏    ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏
 
     
 

Dear USO Supporter,

As a military spouse, I know the sacrifices our brave service members make every day. The weight of their duty hangs heavy on their shoulders, yet they bear it with unwavering courage and dedication. But behind every person in uniform stands a family, carrying our burdens, fears and silent struggles.

Life at home keeps on going during a deployment. A family member falls ill, holidays come and go, our friends get married. In all of these moments, I wish my husband was here. And truthfully, it's more than just wishing he could be here for these moments. When he is deployed, I live with a constant fear that I won't ever hear from him again. When he calls me from a USO Center, it is both confirmation that he is alive and the reassurance I rely on to keep going.

The USO has been a beacon of support for military members and their families, like ours, going all the way back to World War II. But as a nonprofit, they rely on the generosity of supporters like you to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of military families. That's why I'm personally asking you to make a donation today.

Right now, service members are still being deployed, carrying the weight of separation and uncertainty, while their loved ones live in constant worry. I can personally tell you that the need for the USO's programs and services never lets up. I can tell you that in these times of uncertainty, the need for USO programs that support military families is greater than ever.

Our service members still need the USO to provide the vital support and resources that give them hope on the darkest of days. That means the USO is counting on the generosity of people like you to continue their crucial work of connecting service members and their families and helping us make it through long deployments and every season of sacrifice.

So, I'm asking you to join me in making a difference in all our lives today. Your donation of $29, or anything at all, can provide a much-needed lifeline to service members and those who love them, even when we're thousands of miles apart. Please, make your donation to the USO today.

Together, we can show our heroes that they are not forgotten and that everyone here at home is holding them close to our hearts.

With heartfelt gratitude,

T. Graham
Military Spouse & USO Supporter

No comments:

Post a Comment